Home

Sunday, May 9, 2010

PW Penne Alla Betsy


I really need to make this one again...and again and again and again! I went a little wild with the half and half. The recipe calls for heavy cream but I was trying to go a bit lighter. I was talking (shock, huh?) and dumped more in than I meant too.

It surely didn't make this creamy, tomato based, shrimp, pasta dish any less delectable. But next time I want it to be thicker...like the recipe in the book. It's not supposed to be soup for goodness sake.

Madley and Little Indy really loved it. Madley almost always orders a dish like this when we go out to an Italian restaurant. It tasted as good if not better than any restaurant I've been to. Even though I thinned it out too much.

The girls ate homemade pizza bagels because shrimp isn't on their list of favorites...yet.

We even have leftovers for tonight so I won't have to cook today. Madley has been under the weather and was going to make me his famous Meatless Spaghetti today, but he can do that next week.

A big thumbs up to Betsy and her scrumptious recipe...thanks for letting Ree put it in her book!

So until we meet again...and I have so much more to cook and say...

Bon Appétit!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yummy! I need to make this. Looking forward to following you and your cooking adventures with The Pioneer Woman. Happy SITs Saturday Comment Luv Fest...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one I'll be trying. And I love any recipe that produces enough for two meals :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you were here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails