Home

Monday, February 21, 2011

Cookies and Milk Day!


Today was a cookies and milk day... so I decided to try this recipe.

It has a bit less shortening and sugar than my regular Chocolate Chip Cookies and the oats make it more substantial. It reminds me a little of the old Neiman Marcus recipe that's floated around the internet every decade since the 80's. But I love the addition of almond extract. My good friend taught me that one...works in brownies too. You could possibly add almonds to this recipe. I may have to try that tomorrow next time.

I just really needed some cookies and milk today and no one in my household complained. I hope they get some :)

I like these the best of all the CCC recipes (not to be confused with dreaded cupcake cakes) that I've tried so far. So there!


Bet you can't eat just one!







Makes about 2 1/2 Dozen Cookies

Ingredients

3/4 Cup Rolled Oats
1 Cup White Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 Cup Butter, softened
1/4 cup Canola Oil
1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/3 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 Large Egg
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Almond Extract
3/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350∘. Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray. Grind oats in blender or food processor. Add to a medium bowl with flour, baking soda and salt, mix together. Beat butter with electric mixer until fluffy, add in oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and almond extracts. With the mixer running, add in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets at least 1 inch apart. Bake cookies 1 sheet at a time until firm around the edges and golden, between 12-15 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheets for a couple of minutes and transfer to wire racks until cooled...if you can wait that long.

Pour a big glass of ice cold milk and eat them all.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh, yummmmm! A little almond extract is sooo wunnerful! I will have to try this. Have you ever had maretto Chunk cookies? They are aweome! (It only contains a tablespoon of Amaretto, which you could leave out since it also calls for almond extract . . . just bump up the amount of the extract a tad.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't! Is it a recipe you have?

    These are great...I like that they have a bit more heft to them...I had 3 small cookies since I hadn't eaten much today and I was stuffed! I made them pretty small...the original recipe called for 1 cup of chocolate chips and I cut it to 3/4 cup...but I may make it 1/2 cup next time.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you were here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails