Home

Monday, August 9, 2010

Meal Plan Monday


Last weeks meals...hmmm. I guess all I have to say is...I'm not too great at this planning thing.

But we did eat!

A lot of PW's meals are so geared for heartiness... for the most part, that it's just not cold enough outside for a lot of them. So I kinda switched some things. I actually switched most things. The only thing I stuck to was eating out Monday night! WooHoo! I really need to get my booty in gear. I have quite a few recipes of hers to finish. Yeeeeah.

Tuesday I made Potato soup...even though it wasn't technically cold outside, my little granddaughter begged for it, and I complied. I'm a pushover for her cherubic face, all screwed up, with doe eyes looking up at me. It wasn't exactly hot outside...we do have very cool evenings. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Wednesday we barbecued hot dogs. Perfect. We even ate them outside with chips. Madley worked hard in the yard and cleaned my patio table. We needed to sit outside and admire his efforts.

Thursday we made a run for the border. I ordered the new corn tortilla tacos. Not too shabby for TB.

Friday Madley and I had a big lunch out, and the girls all ate somewhere else too, and no one was hungry for dinner. Score!

Saturday I made bean and cheese burritos and cilantro/lime rice. Yum. Recipe for the rice tomorrow. The beans...I just use dried pinto beans and cook them in water with a little bacon until they're soft, and drain and smash them with a potato smasher... with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Easy Peasy.

Sunday we had baked chicken. Boring...I need to work on that recipe!

Oops. Not such a good record.

So here goes for this week...

Monday~ Pot Luck Empty Nester's dinner...I'm bringing Chile Relleno Casserole and Texas Sheet Cake...my recipe is a bit different than Ree's. I'll post it later. I'll be eating my food and maybe a couple of others that I trust.

This is as far as I'm going for now. I will post the recipes for these tomorrow and let you know what I will make the next day.

If you're lucky.

I stink to high heavens at this. I can't stick to a plan. But who cares? Not me!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post!! all those meals you made are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have trouble sticking to my plan too.

    I wish we had cool evenings. It's just hot, hot, hot; although the last few days it's been super rainy.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you were here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails