Home

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday, Thursday...So Good to Me

I miss the Mama's and the Papas. Mama Cass...what a voice! I think when I take family portraits I will talk them into dressing and posing like this picture. Michelle Phillips really knows how to vogue!


Man alive! I love Thursdays. I don't know why. I have absolutely no reason in the world to love Thursdays. I should love Fridays more because it's date day with Madley. Maybe I love Thursdays because I know the next day is Friday Date Day.






 Maybe I like Thursdays because SYTYCD is back tonight! Madley and I really like American Idol...but So You Think You Can Dance is our favorite of the two. I think it's because of Cat Deeley. I like Ryan Seacrest, but Cat is way funner. Did I just say "way funner"? ...plus her nose is perfectly crooked enough and gives her that endearing Barbra Streisand quality.




 Last night's American Idol finale rocked! It was great seeing so many artists sing with the AI kids. I especially liked Casey singing "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" with Brett Michaels. When Casey came out and started singing it, I thought "Brett can't be here...isn't he having surgery on his heart soon or something?" But sure enough...there he was. Thank you Brett for surprising us and for not passing out on stage and good luck with your health. We like you and would love for you to stick around a while longer.




 A lot of the artists that appeared on the show are senior citizens now...but they can pretty much still rock it. The grandpa-fest did my heart good. I am at the brink of becoming a senior citizen myself in a few years according to Denny's senior citizen's menu.. Chicago, Hall and Oats, Joe Cocker, and Alice Cooper were all there. I thought Joe Cocker looked like someone needed to bring him his oxygen tank when he was finished singing, but he sure can belt it out still.



Christina Aguileria, Alanis Morrisette, and Janet Jackson all performed.  Alanis and Crystal Bowersox were fun to see together...both of them very different all on their own, let alone putting their different styles together. It worked for me. 




Christina sounded and looked phenomenal! I wanted to do a photo shoot with her...wouldn't she look fabulous in a silver screen type black and white photo? I think she forgot some of her clothes though...




I wasn't impressed with Janet's performance at all...was she singing? I could barely hear her. Plus all I could think about was Michael and how much she looked and sounded like him. It seems to me she is trying to be fresh and hip...listen to me Miss Janet, if you are going to try to keep your career going...sing louder.

She is sooooo predictable. You know when she is so covered up in clothes, she is going to break out of the slow, soft song by going behind a screen and taking some off and coming back with less clothes on to sing a faster, louder song...and she did, sort of...she just forgot to belt it out and sang Nasty Boys like Minnie Mouse...and thank you Janet for keeping your bosom in check. Once was more than enough.





 Crystal didn't win. BooHoo. Look at Adam Lambert...Kris Allen wasn't a Mentor on AI.

Keep channeling Janis Joplin, Crystal. You have a gift. I'll buy your album and listen to it on my iPod. Yes I will.

Congratulations Lee...
Goodbye Simon...

May the road rise to meet you, May the wind be always at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hands.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails