Home

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Independence Day!


God Bless the USA!
I shot this in Park City, Utah at the site of the 2002 Winter Olympics.




 Hot air balloon in Provo, Utah...they hold a Balloonfest every year on the Fourth of July. I shot this at about 6:30am 7/4/2007 while it was being filled with...hot air!



What are you doing this weekend? I took this shot in downtown Park City, Utah and it just reminds me of the American Flag.



I shot this from my back yard in Mapleton, Utah 7/4/2007





Small fireworks are legal here where we live...so naturally we see and here mostly illegal ones. Four days of loud booms that make us jump out of our skin... scary big fireworks. We pray every year our roof won't catch fire.

The police can't keep up. The whole town is alight with fireworks that are beautiful but illegal. 

We watch as the neighborhood teenagers aim roman candles at each other...hand held. They aren't the brightest crayons in the box.

We just pull up our chairs in our driveway and watch the free show.

I wouldn't begin to know where to buy illegal fireworks...professional grade boomers. So how these thousands of people have them around here...is a mystery to me.

Have a safe and happy holiday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails