Home

Sunday, January 31, 2010

What a Rip Off Man!

Check below for recipe reviews...


Sunday January 21st, 2010

I won a Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook in a contest and the same day I received it, I watched the movie Julie and Julia. So I decided I would copy the movie, cook my way through the cookbook and eat all the delicious foods that stare back at me whenever I am looking through it. The photos are spectacular and her story is delightful.

Aren't you excited?

My husband Madley is very excited.

I think it is fun that Ree calls her hubby Marlboro Man...I've called my hubby Madley for 27 years.

I will make the recipes in no particular order, take pictures and and post them along with my reviews (which I'm guessing will be all favorable) here. I am giving myself a year just like the movie...but I may finish sooner as I salivate every time I open the book.

I won't post the recipes since they aren't mine to give away... but I will let you know if I've deviated from a recipe and what I did or if I ate all of the chocolate sheet cake batter right down to licking out the bowl before it got to the baking pan.

I will start in a few days...I need to go shopping :)

Keep checking back here for exciting reviews and fatter waistlines!

You can purchase The Pioneer Woman Cooks at most bookstores or online.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I am excited to read all about you adventures in cooking! I love the Pioneer Woman and have tried a couple of her recipes. Love the chocolate sheet cake. Not so fond of the macaroni and cheese. Can't wait to see what you think of the lasagna:)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you were here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails